Training in Matayoshi Kobudo.
Membership & Affiliation
Anyone can become a member of the Matayoshi Kobudo Kodokan International – UK Branch. You don't have to have trained in a martial art to start to learn Kobudo, just a very keen interest and dedication in your training. Similarly you can be already a practising Martial Artist from any discipline. We have had students from various systems such as Karate, Tae Kwondo, Jujitsu, Iaido, and Judo etc. With the membership comes the benefits associated with the MKKI, headed by Sensei Sanguinetti. This enables the students to train in any of our Dojo's (Schools) throughout the world as well as in Okinawa. There are two types of membership:
- Instructor Membership
- Student Membership
The UK branch of the MKKI are constantly looking for dedicated Martial Artists that want to learn and become Instructors of Matayoshi Kobudo as recognised by the MKKI. To become an Instructor Member of the Matayoshi Kobudo Kodokan International – UK Branch you need to be at least a Shodan (1st degree black belt) in any of the martial art disciplines, such as the types mentioned above.
As a certificated instructor they will be able to set up their own classes, associated to the Matayoshi Kobudo Kodokan International – UK Branch. More information on how this can be achieved can be obtained through the UK Office, via Telephone, Email or the Membership Application Form.
To be a student member of the MKKI you don't need any formal training in any other Martial Art to start your training in Matayoshi Kobudo, just a very keen interest and dedication to your training. But you do need to have a recognised Matayoshi Kobudo Kodokan International – UK Branch instructor to teach you. There are a couple of methods in which this can be done. Firstly by attending a class, our Seminars, or by getting a MKKI – UK Branch instructor to come to you. More information on how this can be achieved can be obtained through the UK Office, via Telephone, Email or the Membership Application Form.
The Benefits of Membership
- Affiliation and Benefits from MKKI
- Train in any member dojo throughout the world and in Okinawa, Japan.
- Grading and Certification in Matayoshi Kobudo Kodokan International
- Training opportunities associated with MKKI, such as training at the honbu dojo in California; International Gasshuku Training Camps at the MKKI honbu dojo; National Gasshuku in Okinawa.
- Training opportunities associated with Matayoshi Kobudo Kodokan International – UK Branch, such as the annual Gasshuku's, Seminar days, and Instructors’ Seminar days.
- Matayoshi Badge as recognised by the MKKI.
- Instructors and Associate Instructors get free Friday night instruction at the Annual MKKI – UK Gasshuku.
- Instructors and Associate Instructors get one monthly Instructors only lesson free at the Darlington Dojo. For Dates see Annual instructor's Events under the Events Menu.
So if you’re interested in the study of Matayoshi Kobudo then please enquire by using the Form:
For General Enquiries contact the head Office on:
Telephone: 0780 782 7978